Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello Big Apple!

So I arrived yesterday evening after some flight delays with Southwest Airlines keeping me trapped in Midway for 2 hours. Nonetheless, I made here safe and was welcomed by my wonderful supervisor, Anthony. Today was my first day of work and the people here are fantastic! I guess it's safe to say that once you enter into the field of Student Affairs that you can expect to meet nice and friendly people where ever you go. I look forward to the meeting with Anthony as I'll finally get the details of what I'll actually be doing as an intern. Until then, I'm settling in which is an adjustment. Stony Brook, the school and the city, is very suburban and isn't as accessible to public transportation as I imagined it would be. But not to fear, I will make it work. My roommates are great and I plan on having a good experience!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear you got there and are having fun already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...