Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book of the Month

So while I was at the Roots & Heritage Festival, which wasn't all that, I was able to pick up Unconditionally Single by Mary B. Morrison for $5!  Amazon has them starting at $6 + shipping and handling.

I think that Mary B. Morrison is a great writer and she had me hooked with her book Sweeter than HoneyThat was the first book of her Honey series and this book that I'm reviewing on is the last one before intertwining with another series.  I read both part 1 and 2, so when I say this on the shelf for $5 I had to grab it and use it for my September Book of the Month.

Not wanting to spend any money over the weekend, I decided to start reading.  I started and finished the book on Sunday!  This book did everything a book should do.  It sucked me in, left me wanting more, and anxious to read what was going to happen next!

If your looking for a book that will take you away from reality, get you excited, or your simply looking for an African American author that you can get into, I highly recommend the Honey series from Mary B. Morrison.  In sharing my enthusiasm, I was told that her older books are great as well.

Next month I'm hoping to read Darius Jones for free through my job.  It's the book immediately  following Unconditionally Single.  I was able to get a snippet of the first two chapters and I can't wait to read the rest!

Happy Reading Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...