Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Productive Spring Break

Well today was my last day of Spring Break and I was sure to make it a productive one.  I finished designing and ordering the invitations to the baby shower that I'm planning for one of my sorority sisters.  I designed these invitations using Adobe Illustrator CS3, graphic design software from when I was a graphic design minor.  I uploaded my images to VistaPrint.com using the design your own postcard and I used a template to design the back of the invitation.  I was able to get 100 invitations for less than $60 - in full color on both sides and on high quality gloss paper.


First I started by creating an image that went with the new them that Lauren & Derrick came up with, King of the Jungle.  Then I looked at similar invitations on other websites and came up with the animal print and the tan-ish background.  Because the mommy wants to add some things to the invitation, mostly instructions for the out of town relatives, I will be buying envelopes at Staples so we can get extra info to everyone. 

I sent her my insipration board and she loved everything, so I thought that I would share with you as well.  Please let me know what you think and what ideas you may have.

Lastly, I always create something in the kitchen before I leave for school.  Last night I was craving something sweet but didn't feel like going out.  So I got creative and made some candied pecans using a recipe that I found on-line.
Candied Pecans via my Blackberry
The recipe can be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...