Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pay It Forward 2011 & 30 for 30 Challenges

Pay It Forward
After seeing the Pay It Forward Challenge popping up everywhere on the blogs, I've decided to participate.  I love crafting and making creative gifts that people will love AND use.  I love to see how others use their creativity and talents to brighten up the days of others.  Originated by Carla of Messy Carla, I will be participating with Jesnesaisquoi I am extremely excited to participate in this challenge! Here are the rules from Jesnesaisquoi's blog as given by Carla:
Pay it forward 2011 - I promise to make something handmade for the first FIVE people who comment. (Make sure that you follow me)!
They must in turn, post this and make something for the first FIVE who comment on their status (blog post).
The rules are it has to be handmade by you, and they must receive it before 2011 ends.
If you want to participate:
  • Be one of the first five to comment.
  • Please leave your email address so I can contact you directly.
  • Be sure to repost this to your own blog if you do comment, as that's the point of Pay It Forward after all!

     30 for 30 Challenge
    So this challenged got started a while ago, but I've decided that I really wanted to participate in this challenge too.  I have so many clothes and sometimes I tell myself, as any fashion addict, "I don't have anything to wear."  This challenge is designed to help people shop their closets instead of always going out and buying more items.  I'm so excited to see what combinations I come up with as well as my partners in crime.  I persuaded two of my fashionable co-workers, Jon and Jake, to join me in the challenge.  They freaked out a little when I was explaining the rules, but I think there just as intrigued as I am to see what they come up with.  Here are the rules from the originator of the challenge, Kendi Everyday:
    1. Pick out 30 items from your closet. Shoes are included in the count, coats and accessories (i.e. tights,  jewelry, hats, gloves, and so on are not.) I won't use a coat yet here in Texas, but you might in say Chicago so I don't want to penalize you for Mother Nature's wily ways.
    2. Remix the 30 items into 30 or more outfits.
    3. No shopping for 30 days.


    I'll be posting pictures of the challenge by the week instead of blogging about it everyday.  I'm so ready to see the results!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...