Monday, August 5, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas & More

From Closet Cooking

After weeks of being away from my kitchen and eating out, I decided to tackle my recipe "To Try" list.  Being an avid lover of Pinterest and following lots of foodies, I have a lot of recipes on list to try out.  I follow Kevin, a blogger and creator, of Closet Cooking who sends emails with all kinds of enticing recipes.  The first recipe I decided to knock of my list were his Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas in Creamy Avocado Sauce (you can find the recipe here).  I tweaked things a bit to fit my pallet, but didn't stray too far from the original.

From Pinterest via skinnytaste.com

To accompany my enchiladas I made Chipotle's Cliantro Lime Rice using a copycat recipe I found on pinterest from skinnytaste.com.  Again, I tweaked things a bit based on what I had in the pantry - I made the brown rice version.  Lastly I just added black beans (from a can) to complete my meal.

Everything was so delicious!  Sorry I wasn't able to take pictures of what I created.  Currently working with a kitchen with terrible lighting and the camera on my phone.

What's a recipe you want to make?
Shante

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...